TWiT 875: We Don't Talk About Elon - Texas HB 20, Crypto crash, Google IO, Goodbye iPod, Netflix ads
Manage episode 328555446 series 142184
- Elon Musk Says His $44 Billion Twitter Deal Is 'On Hold'.
- Two Twitter Leaders Are Leaving Company Following Musk Deal.
- Texas HB 20: Tech asks SCOTUS to stop Texas social media law.
- Just How Incredibly F'd Up Is Texas' Social Media Content Moderation Law?
- Elon Musk praises Chinese workers for 'burning the 3am oil' – here's what that really looks like.
- Jeff Bezos Hits Back at Joe Biden in Twitter Spat Over Inflation.
- Google previews the Pixel Watch, coming this fall with Pixel 7.
- The Pixel Tablet is coming in 2023.
- It's not a phone, it's an alliance.
- Google Glass's successor teased at I/O.
- Google announces Pixel 6a powered by Tensor processor for $449.
- More than $200 billion erased from the entire crypto market in a day as the sell-off intensifies.
- Yellen Renews Call for Stablecoin Regulation After TerraUSD Stumble.
- 'The Guilt Is Unbearable': UST-Luna Investors Discuss the 99.99% Crypto Crash.
- Take Control of Cryptocurrency by Glenn Fleishman.
- Caitlin's podcast: Crypto's big crash.
- Coinbase chief says 'no risk of bankruptcy' after regulatory filing sparks alarm.
- Man seeks to excavate a landfill that allegedly has half a billion dollars worth of bitcoin.
- UK's Royal Mail aims to open up to 50 drone routes for rural deliveries.
- How an internet mapping glitch turned a random Kansas farm into a digital hell.
- The iPod is dead.
- A Visual History of the Apple iPod.
- Netflix Tells Employees Ads May Come by the End of 2022.
- Netflix Exploring Live Streaming For First Time; Plans To Roll Out For Unscripted Series & Stand-Up Specials.
- Disney Plus added almost 8 million new subscribers as Netflix struggles.
- Virtual reality mask adds realism by making it harder to breathe.
- Here's What the Black Hole in the Center of the Milky Way Looks Like.
- TikTok to surpass YouTube in the US.
- TIkTok introduces first ad product with rev share for creators.
- House where Facebook was created lists for $5.3M.
Host: Leo Laporte
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit