Manage episode 308462645 series 2652134
TWiV reveals all that we know so far about the variant of concern B.1.1.529, also called Omicron, and describes a study on the ability of the alpha, beta, and delta variants to reproduce in cells in culture and induce membrane fusion.
Become a patron of TWiV!Links for this episode
- Omicron genome changes (Covariants)
- Omicron shared changes with other variants (Covariants)
- Update on Omicron (WHO)
- Spike polymutant PMS20 (bioRxiv)
- Syncytium formation of variants of concern (EMBO J)
- Variants as super cell fusers (EMBO J)
- Letters read on TWiV 836
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com