Manage episode 294246489 series 3038
TWiV reviews the new nomenclature for SARS-CoV-2 variants, effectiveness of Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine against variants, modified Moderna vaccine against variants, impact of COVID-19 interventions on influenza in China and the US, and binding of RaTG13 spike protein to ACE2 of multiple species.
Become a patron of TWiV!Links for this episode
- Updated nomenclature of SARS-CoV-2 variants (WHO)
- Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine effective against alpha variants (Lancet)
- Novavax vaccine effective against beta variants (NEJM)
- Moderna updated vaccine against beta and gamma variants (medRxiv)
- Impact of COVID-19 interventions against influenza (Nat Comm)
- RaTG13 spike binding to various ACE2 proteins (Cell)
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Dickson – NASA’s Juno to Get a Close Look at Jupiter’s Moon Ganymede Brianne – Send in the Bugs. The Michelangelos Need Cleaning. Rich – All landers and rovers on Mars animated in video with human scale Alan – Weird case cluster reported in MMWR 40 years ago; update on disease Vincent – Virus isolates, strains, variants – what are they?
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com