Manage episode 302666774 series 1717427
Get this episode ad-free when you join TLBC+ today: https://tlbc.co/join
In this episode, I share the truth about perfectionism. Get excited, because this is Tiny Leaps, Big Changes.
Welcome to another episode of Tiny Leaps, Big Changes where I share research-backed strategies you can use, to get more out of your life. My name is Gregg Clunis.
Join us in a conversation about what perfectionism is, how it may present itself, the positives and negatives about it, and how you can find the perfect balance of it.
According to Wikipedia, “Perfectionism, in psychology, is a broad personality style characterized by a person's concern with striving for flawlessness and perfection and is accompanied by critical self-evaluations and concerns regarding others' evaluations”.
“The general population contains approximately 30% perfectionists, the percentage of perfectionists among the gifted population is close to 80%” according to Masslive.com.
Key Takeaways From This Episode:
- Perfectionism can be seen as either a really good or really bad thing.
- You need both sides of perfectionism to make things happen consistently.
- The perfectionist trait has increased since the 1980’s.
- Being a perfectionist can be someone who has an unrelenting drive for creating the very best.
- They can also be seen as not putting things out because there are too many details that hold them back.
- Bottom line: A perfectionist is afraid of putting themselves out there.
- They don’t like giving up control.
- You need feedback from others because you can’t build perfect on your own.
Sponsored By: Try Quince: https://onequince.com | TINY10
Hosted By: Gregg Clunis | https://www.instagram.com/greggclunis/