Manage episode 302999042 series 2859827
We discuss chapter 1 today as the empire, along with it’s king and queen are introduced…
Questions to dig into over a cup of tea:
- What picture of the empire are we given in this introduction to the book?
- How is Xerxes portrayed?
- How does this help us long for the true Messiah?
- How does it sharpen our perspective on our world?
Tea and Biscuit Footnotes
A cup of Yorkshire tea for Sarah with a breakfast biscuit, and a cup of Earl Grey tea from Whittaker’s (UK) with an oatmeal butterscotch cookie for Felicity.
In Other News…
- Connect with us on Facebook or Instagram
- Sarah occasionally blogs here: https://sarahdargue.org
- Felicity blogs more regularly here: https://boysbooksandthehomeofthebrave.blog/
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
10ofThose are generously offering a further 15% discount across their store when you use the voucher code TWOSISTERS. You need to log in to their website, write the code in and then click apply when you get to checkout.
This podcast is sponsored by 10ofthose.com. 10ofthose.com hand pick the best Christian books that point to Jesus and sell them at discounted prices. The more you buy the cheaper they get! Check them out at 10ofthose.com.
Whether you’re parenting small children, commuting to work or heading out for a run, join us for our Bible based podcast as two sisters do a 20 minute bible study, on the go, going through a book of the Bible week by week.