Nick Bostrom and Ros Picard - God, AI & the future of humanity: Is technology the key to immortality?
Manage episode 290690928 series 2360079
Episode 2 | Season 3 of The Big Conversation. Prof Nick Bostrom, director of the Future of Humanity Institute at Oxford University and Prof Rosalind Picard, director of the Affective Computing Research Group at MIT debate the philosophical and spiritual questions raised by AI. Could AI become conscious? Are we living in a simulation universe? Could technology be the key to immortality?
For bonus content, updates and details of the Douglas Murray & NT Wright livestream sign up at http://www.thebigconversation.show
We'd love to know what you think of the conversation! Take our survey: https://survey-star.co.uk/technology
The Big Conversation is a video series from Unbelievable? featuring world-class thinkers across the religious and non-religious community. Exploring science, faith, philosophy and what it means to be human. The Big Conversation is produced by Premier in partnership with John Templeton Foundation.
• For Rosalind Picard https://web.media.mit.edu/~picard/
• For Nick Bostrom https://www.nickbostrom.com/
• For Unbelievable? The Conference 2021 http://www.unbelievable.live
• For exclusive resources and to support us: USA http://www.premierinsight.org/unbelievableshow
• Rest of the World https://resources.premier.org.uk/supportunbelievable
• Our regular Newsletter https://www.premier.org.uk/Unbelievablenewsletter
• The Unbelievable? podcast http://www.premierchristianradio.com/Shows/Saturday/Unbelievable
• Facebook https://www.facebook.com/UnbelievableJB
• Twitter https://twitter.com/unbelievablejb