Manage episode 268546262 series 28471
we talk about the challenge of making something understandable, different theories of cognition including embodied cognition, how some things we often consider wrong or mistakes are actually part of understanding.
It’s a philosophical and thought-provoking conversation.
(Listening time: 37 minutes, transcript)
Episode #242 Figure it out with @stephenanderson and @karlfast – What does it mean to understand something? How do we take information and create understanding?https://t.co/vGvQ2dMUjs pic.twitter.com/dPmxlViqlN
— UX Podcast (@uxpodcast) July 31, 2020
- Full transcript of Episode 242
- Figure it out published by Rosenfeld Media
- Illustrations from Figure it out
- Mighty minds club (Stephens community)
- Karl’s website
- Demystifying Concept Models (UX London 2010)
- Embodied cognition (Wikipedia)
- Pragmatism (Wikipedia)
- On Distinguishing Epistemic from Pragmatic Action (PDF)
- Seductive interaction design by Stephen Anderson (Amazon)
- Episode 219: Facilitating structures
- Episode 201: Consistency (Polarity mapping episode)
- Send us your thoughts at: email@example.com
- Backstage mailing list: Sign up here
- Enjoy the episode? Support UX Podcast
The post #242 Figure it out with Stephen Anderson and Karl Fast appeared first on UX Podcast.