Manage episode 306176528 series 2151305
Over the last few years I think a lot of us had to look at our food supply chain with very honest eyes and realise that some things need to change.
- 7.3 million tonnes of food is lost or wasted every year while 5 million Australians go hungry
- 17% of total food available to consumers in 2019, went into the waste bins of households, retailers, restaurants and other food services
- The average Australian family throws away $3,800 worth of groceries per household each year
- The average Australian household is sends roughly 4.9 kilograms of food waste to landfill each week
- 75% of all food that is sent to landfill comes from our households
This week’s guest Is Hannah Moloney of Good Life Permaculture where her and husband design permaculture landscaping for their clients and run workshops on radical home making. You may even have seen Hannah on Gardening Australia - she’s the one with pink hair who lives in the wild pink house in Hobart.
This week we talk about food production, waste reduction, living a slow life of joy and how it's it's pronounced 'ca-len-jewel-la' not 'cal-en-dool-la'.
This week’s bonus is a mega permaculture resource list with podcasts, experts, books and blogs. That’s available on Patreon. Just join for $5 US or $7 Australian to grab your copy - you will also get access to all of my other workbooks, guides and resources lists.
If you have an episode idea you can record it here. And if you want to follow me on Instagram I'm @veryexcellenthabits.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
1. 30 Second Intro (00:00:00)
2. Main (00:00:30)
3. 30 Second Outro (00:03:00)