Manage episode 249848547 series 110955
If you're working hard to grow your channel, but not getting the traction you'd like, you likely find yourself in one or more of these categories:
1. I'm not getting any views.
I don't know how many times I've heard creators say, "Well, just stay consistent and eventually you'll get your break-through moment."
Several years ago when a creator told me that, I asked him, "How long have you been waiting for that break-through moment?" His response? "About 10 years."
10 YEARS!!?! C'mon! That's not a strategy, that's just a waste of time.
Break-through videos don't happen just because you keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again.
2. No one is subscribing to my channel.
Watch almost any video on YouTube and you'll hear the creator ask you to subscribe multiple times in the video. They ask in the beginning before you leave, they'll include a subscribe graphic half-way through, and then ask you again when the video is over.
The result? Still no growth. Turns out people don't subscribe just because you ask them to.
3. My videos aren't ranking in search.
When discussing a creator's growth strategy, I often hear, "I'm spending a lot of time on keyword research and am optimizing my titles, descriptions, and tags with all the right words."
When I ask, "Great! How's that working out for you so far?" they hesitate a second, take a deep breath, and say, "Well, not so great."
That's because YouTube's search and discovery systems don't care about your keywords. Their algorithms actually moved away from that system back in 2012 and have focused on watch time since then.
4. I'm not making any money.
I feel bad for creators who work very hard to become eligible for monetization on YouTube, are finally approved, and then realize that they're only making a few dollars per month... and that they need to reach a minimum threshold of $100 before YouTube pays them.
It takes them another year of hard work just to get that first $100 payout. The amount of effort that takes just isn't worth it.
There's got to be better ways to make money on YouTube... and there definitely is!
5. I don't know if my videos are good or not.
It can feel like a guessing game when you're trying to grow your channel.
Why isn't anyone watching? What do you need to do to do better? What does your potential audience actually want? How do you find out if no one is there in the first place?
All great questions.
Those are all common growth problems and today we're going to help you start addressing each one on your channel so you start to grow.
If you want to work with me and my team for 8 weeks through a process that has dramatically grown channels for hundreds of creators, register for Video Labs: https://videocreators.com/video-labs/
LOVE VIDEO CREATORS AND WANT TO GROW ON YOUTUBE? HERE ARE SOME NEXT STEPS!
1) SUBSCRIBE to learn how to grow your YouTube channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcB3bcWy0_QK7uPQvTD0LwQ?sub_confirmation=1
2) FREE GUIDE: "The Secret to Building your YouTube Audience" https://videocreators.com/the-secret-to-building-your-youtube-audience/
3) BECOME A MEMBER: Access special community perks on our channel and support our trainings by clicking that Join button! Or, click here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcB3bcWy0_QK7uPQvTD0LwQ/join
5) SUBSCRIBE TO THE VIDEO CREATORS PODCAST - iTunes: http://go.vcreators.co/vcTViTunes - Soundcloud: http://go.vcreators.co/vcTVSoundCloud - Stitcher: http://go.vcreators.co/vcTVStitcher - Google Play: http://go.vcreators.co/vcTVGooglePlay - Spotify: https://go.vcreators.co/vcTVSpotify
6) LET'S REVIEW YOUR CHANNEL: Book a private one-on-one YouTube channel consultation with Tim or someone on his team: https://videocreators.com/youtube-certified-consultant/
Leave your comments on our post here: https://videocreators.com/top-5-channel-growth-problems-and-how-to-overcome-them