Manage episode 282721684 series 1394353
In this episode, you'll learn:
- How are Bitcoin updates generated between developers
- How are Bitcoin updates released once complete
- How are new versions tested and agreed to
- What happens if updates aren't used by full node operators
- Why full node operators are important versus why miners are important
- 51% attacks
- Quantum computing and it's potential threat to Bitcoin
- Other engineering threats to Bitcoin
- Jimmy's thoughts on interesting software initiatives moving forward
BOOKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Jimmy Song's new Book, Thank God For Bitcoin
- Jimmy's Book, Programming Bitcoin
- Jimmy's Podcast, OffChain
- Get a FREE book on how to systematically identify and follow market trends with Top Traders Unplugged.
- Make BendHSA a part of your financial well-being today.
- Automate your money with M1 Finance. Get $30 when you sign up for free today.
- Elevate your writing with 20% off Grammarly Premium.
- ring your WiFi up to speed with Orbi WiFi 6 from NETGEAR.
- Take your business to the next level by hiring the right people with ZipRecruiter.
- Push your team to do their best work with Monday.com Work OS. Start your free two-week trial today.
- Give yourself an upgrade with Helix Sleep's perfect mattress for you. Get $200 off all mattress orders and 2 free pillows.
- Invest in blue-chip art from artists like Monet and Basquiat with Masterworks. Use promo code WSB to skip their 15,000 person waitlist.
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here.
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors.