Manage episode 290988159 series 1394353
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU'LL LEARN:
- Alex got started in Bitcoin many years ago
- How the Human Rights Foundation (HRF) thinks Bitcoin can help
- Bitcoin, hashing, and China
- What are the biggest barriers to entry for people in less fortunate areas
- Bitcoin in Venezuela, Turkey and other areas that have high levels of debasement
- Lightning network versus on chain Bitcoin
- Alex's thoughts on privacy compared to other tokens
- Banning Bitcoin and the impact for the countries that have tried
BOOKS AND RESOURCES:
- Alex's Twitter
- The Human Rights Foundation
- Whether you’re a small office sending out invoices, an online seller shipping out orders, or even a giant warehouse sending thousands of packages a day, handle it all with ease with Stamps.com. Use the promo code WSB
- Join OurCrowd and get to invest in medical technology, breakthroughs in ag tech and food production, solutions in the multi-billion dollar robotic industry, and so much more.
- Take your business to the next level by hiring the right people with ZipRecruiter
- Get three months free when you protect yourself with ExpressVPN, the VPN we trust to keep us private online
- Push your team to do their best work with Monday.com Work OS. Start your free two-week trial today
- Have everything you need to grow online with Squarespace. Use code WSB to save 10% off your first website or domain purchase
- Find opportunities to help diversify your portfolio with investments in alternative asset classes with minimums starting at $1,000 with Yieldstreet
- Check out Kraken's industry-leading staking service, where you can put your crypto to work for you and earn up to 20% in additional rewards annually
- Follow other investors, discover companies to believe in, invest with any amount of money with Public.com. You’ll even get a free slice of stock when you join
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here.
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors.