Manage episode 273627233 series 1394353
In this episode, you'll learn:
- What is the intrinsic value of Fairfax Financial Holdings?
- What is the intrinsic value of Fairfax Africa?
- How to analyze and value an insurance company
- How to analyze and value an investment holding company
- Ask The Investors: Should I invest in preferred shares?
BOOKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Preston and Stig’s interview with Jake Taylor about The Intrinsic Value of Berkshire Hathway
- The Investor Podcast Network’s interview with Jake Taylor on, The Rebel Allocator
- Jake Taylor’s book, The Rebel Allocator – Read reviews of this book
- Jake Taylor’s letters to his clients.
- Tweet directly to Jake Taylor.
- Email Jake Taylor at: fivegoodquestions @ gmail.com
- Check out the momentum tool that Preston and Stig created for the TIP Community that predicted the crash in the stock market. TIP Finance also gives you access to our filter tool for the cheapest companies in the US.
- Subscribe to our newsletters about the current market conditions
- Investing in the important COVID-19 vaccine that MigVax is doing with OurCrowd.
- Train your nervous system to be more resilient to stress with Apollo Neuro. Get 15% off your purchase today.
- BlockFi provides financial products for crypto investors. Products include high-yield interest accounts, USD loans, and no fee trading. For a limited time, you can earn a bonus of $25 when you open a new account. Just go to theinvestorspodcast.com/blockfi to start earning today.
- Capital One. This is Banking Reimagined. What’s in your wallet?
- Get the most competitive rate if you’re looking to get a mortgage or refinance in Canada with Breezeful. Plus, get a $100 Amazon.ca gift card at your closing.
- Enjoy Dedicated Account Management Support from Telstra, now with messaging, for every business.
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here.
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors.