Manage episode 274160706 series 1394353
In this episode, you'll learn:
- The relationship between the velocity of money and liquidity
- Why we’re not living in a time of uncertainties, but actually living with certainty more than ever
- Why Ray Dalio’s idea of predicting cycles is not valid
- Why passive investing has Ponzi scheme traits when the money stops flowing in
- Why Paul Volker was a terrible FED chair
- Ask The Investors: Is insider trading important when investing in stocks?
BOOKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Preston and Stig’s podcast episode on Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits
- Preston and Stig’s podcast episode on Margin of Safety
- Preston and Stig’s podcast episode on Stock Market Wizards
- Alan Blinder’s book, The Anatomy of Double-Digit Inflation in the 1970s
- Mike Green’s company, Logica Funds
- Connect with Mike Green on Twitter
- Insider Buying and Selling Website Preston mentioned, https://www.insidearbitrage.com/
- Subscribe to "Real Vision: Finance, Business & Global Economy” on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you listen to podcasts.
- Solve your long list of must-reads once and for all with Blinkist.
- BlockFi provides financial products for crypto investors. Products include high-yield interest accounts, USD loans, and no fee trading. For a limited time, you can earn a bonus of $25 when you open a new account. Just go to theinvestorspodcast.com/blockfi to start earning today.
- Capital One. This is Banking Reimagined. What’s in your wallet?
- Get the most competitive rate if you’re looking to get a mortgage or refinance in Canada with Breezeful. Plus, get a $100 Amazon.ca gift card at your closing.
- Enjoy Dedicated Account Management Support from Telstra, now with messaging, for every business.
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here.
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors.