Manage episode 279921642 series 1394353
On today's episode, Stig and I speak with Ed Harrison, the editor at Real Vision TV. Ed talks to us about current market conditions and how investors should position themselves accordingly.
We'll discuss the accelerating debt situation across the globe and the opportunities and constraints for investors. In addition, we'll cover the continued massive money printing and the impact on the economy, not only as investors but as citizens.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU'LL LEARN:
- Why facing a double-dip recession is the base case scenario
- How can the US most efficiently pay off its public debt?
- Which implications does it have if Janet Yellen will be the new Treasury Secretary?
- How to take advantage of the increasing debt burden in developed nations
- Why the decoupling of the US and China will lead to a weaker US dollar
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- Visit Edward Harrison’s blog and newsletter, Credit write down.
- Watch Edward Harrison on Real Vision TV and listen to his podcast
- Tweet directly to Edward Harrison
- Check out our top picks for the Best Investing Podcasts in 2020
- Get a FREE book on how to systematically identify and follow market trends with Top Traders Unplugged.
- BlockFi provides financial products for crypto investors. Products include high-yield interest accounts, USD loans, and no fee trading. For a limited time, you can earn a bonus of $25 when you open a new account. Just go to theinvestorspodcast.com/blockfi to start earning today.
- Capital One. This is Banking Reimagined. What’s in your wallet?
- Invest in the very same paintings as millionaires and billionaires, at a fraction of the cost, with Masterworks. Use promo code WSB to skip the 20,000 waitlist to get first dibs. (Important Disclaimer)
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors.
GET IN TOUCH WITH PRESTON AND STIG
HELP US OUT!
What do you love about our podcast? Here’s our guide on how you can leave a rating and review for the show. We always enjoy reading your comments and feedback!