Manage episode 280982661 series 1394353
For this week’s episode, Stig has invited John Huber from Saber Capital management, Tobias Carlisle from Acquirer's Fund, and Dr. Wes Gray from Alpha Architect. All three guests are highly successful asset managers. They talk about different value investing concepts that all investors should know.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU'LL LEARN:
- How to know what you don’t know
- How to make and lose money in market cycles
- How to have the right amount of risk in your portfolio
- Which investment advice you should give to your younger self
- Why far more investing mistakes come from picking the wrong business than paying too much for a great business
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- Tobias Carlisle’s podcast, The Acquirer's Podcast
- Tobias Carlisle’s Acquirers Fund
- Tobias Carlisle’s book, The Acquirer's Multiple – read reviews of this book
- Tobias Carlisle’s Acquirer’s Multiple stock screener: AcquirersMultiple.com
- Tobias Calisle’s interview with John Huber
- Tobias Carlisle’s Twitter
- Dr. Wesley Gray’s website: Alpha Architect
- Dr. Wesley Gray’s book: Quantitative Momentum – Read Reviews for this book
- Dr. Wesley Gray’s book: Quantitative Value – Read Reviews for this book
- Dr. Wesley Gray’s Twitter
- Preston and Stig’s interview with John Huber about the intrinsic value of Facebook
- John Huber’s company, Saber Capital
- John Huber’s value investing blog
- John Huber’s Twitter
- Q&A sessions from Berkshire Hathaway Shareholder’s meetings
- Check out our top picks for the Best Investing Podcasts in 2020
- Get a FREE book on how to systematically identify and follow market trends with Top Traders Unplugged.
- BlockFi provides financial products for crypto investors. Products include high-yield interest accounts, USD loans, and no fee trading. For a limited time, you can earn a bonus of $25 when you open a new account. Just go to theinvestorspodcast.com/blockfi to start earning today.
- Capital One. This is Banking Reimagined. What’s in your wallet?
- Join OurCrowd's investment in BlueGreen Water Technologies today.
- Elevate your writing with 20% off Grammarly Premium.
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors.