Manage episode 286713896 series 1394353
Trey Lockerbie is joined by legendary investor, Joel Greenblatt. Joel is the managing director and Co-CIO of Gotham Capital, which has produced spectacular returns for over 3 decades.
He is also the author of investing classics like The Little Book that Beats the Market, and You Can Be a Stock Market Genius. On top of that, he is a professor at Columbia University, where he teaches value investing to MBA students.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU'LL LEARN:
- Joel Greenblatt’s investing philosophy
- The case for diversification as well as
- The case for a concentrated portfolio
- How Joel thinks through position sizing
- And much, much more!
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- Gotham Funds: Funds
- The Little Book That Beats the Market: Amazon
- You Can Be a Stock Market Genius: Amazon
- The Big Secret: Amazon
- Common Sense: Amazon
- The Value Investors Club: Website
- The Magic Formula: Website
- Preston, Trey & Stig’s tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance Tool
- Get a FREE book on how to systematically identify and follow market trends with Top Traders Unplugged.
- Elevate your writing with 20% off Grammarly Premium.
- Take your business to the next level by hiring the right people with ZipRecruiter.
- Automate your money with M1 Finance. Get $30 when you sign up for free today.
- Push your team to do their best work with Monday.com Work OS. Start your free two-week trial today.
- Get into a topic quickly, find new topics, and figure out which books you want to spend more time listening to more deeply with Blinkist. Get 25% off and a 7-day free trial today.
- Bring your WiFi up to speed with Orbi WiFi 6 from NETGEAR.
- Check out our 20 Best Finance Podcasts in 2021
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors
GET IN TOUCH WITH TREY AND STIG