Manage episode 292009400 series 1394353
In 2020, there were six companies that made up 25% of the S&P 500 and you know which ones they are: Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix, Google, and Microsoft. The common denominator driving the growth for all of these companies is Artificial Intelligence. Google’s CEO, Sundar Pichai has described the development of AI as “more profound than fire or electricity,” but it is still very misunderstood. Everyone has a sci-fi image that appears in their head when they hear about AI, but what actually is it? Where did it come from? How fast is it growing? To answer these questions, Trey Lockerbie sits down with New York Times writer and author Cade Metz, to discuss his new book, Genius Makers, which lays out the story of how AI came to be.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU'LL LEARN:
- The history of AI
- How it works and why it is used
- The challenges for AI ahead
- Some ethical dilemmas surrounding it and most importantly;
- Which companies will benefit from it the most
BOOKS AND RESOURCES:
- Cade’s new book Genius Makers
- New York Times articles by Cade Metz
- Preston, Trey & Stig’s tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance Tool
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here
- Get into a topic quickly, find new topics, and figure out which books you want to spend more time listening to more deeply with Blinkist. Get 25% off and a 7-day free trial today
- Push your team to do their best work with Monday.com Work OS. Start your free two-week trial today
- Bring your WiFi up to speed with Orbi WiFi 6 from NETGEAR. Save 10% with promo code BILLION10
- Get three months free when you protect yourself with ExpressVPN, the VPN we trust to keep us private online
- Join OurCrowd and get to invest in medical technology, breakthroughs in ag tech and food production, solutions in the multi-billion dollar robotic industry, and so much more.
- Find opportunities to help diversify your portfolio with investments in alternative asset classes with minimums starting at $1,000 with Yieldstreet
- Check out Kraken's industry-leading staking service, where you can put your crypto to work for you and earn up to 20% in additional rewards annually
- Elevate your writing with 20% off Grammarly Premium
- Simplify working with multiple freelancers, set budgets, and manage projects with ease with Fiverr Business. Get 1 free year and save 10% on your purchase on with promo code INVESTORS
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors
HELP US OUT!
Help us reach new listeners by leaving us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts! It takes less than 30 seconds, and really helps our show grow, which allows us to bring on even better guests for you all! Thank you – we really appreciate it!