Manage episode 301938294 series 1394353
On today’s episode, Trey Lockerbie sits down with bestselling author, Ben Mezrich to discuss his new book The Antisocial Network, which covers the sage of Gamestop, Robinhood, Reddit and Retail traders. It’s a tale of irony, humor, high stakes, billionaires, and Ben is the perfect guest to cover such an entertaining story.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU'LL LEARN
- (01:11) Ben’s framework for approaching a new book
- (18:43) The power of mindset
- (41:19) The ramifications of meme stocks for Wall Street and a whole lot more
*Disclaimer: Slight timestamp discrepancies may occur due to podcast platform differences.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES:
- Ben Mezrich’s new book The Antisocial Network
- Ben Mezrich’s book Bitcoin Billionaires
- Ben Mezrich’s book The Accidental Billionaires
- Trey Lockerbie Twitter
- Preston, Trey & Stig’s tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance Tool
- Get into a topic quickly, find new topics, and figure out which books you want to spend more time listening to more deeply with Blinkist. Get 25% off and a 7-day free trial today
- Communicate your ideas in the best way possible with Canva
- Get help writing your emails, reports, presentations, resumes, blogs today with WordTune
- Bring your WiFi up to speed with Orbi WiFi 6 from NETGEAR. Save 10% with promo code BILLION10
- Make it simple to hire and manage remote employees across all 50 states with Justworks
- Invest in the $1.7 trillion art market with Masterworks.io. Use promo code WSB to skip the waitlist. See important disclosures here
- Have high quality, sustainably-sourced Wild-Caught Seafood delivered right to your door with Wild Alaskan Company. Order today and get $15 off your 1st box of premium seafood
- Connect with other users - friends, other members, and notable investors with Public.com. Use code BILLIONAIRES and get up to $50 in free stock to get started in growing your portfolio. Valid for U.S. residents 18+. Subject to account approval. See Public.com/disclosures. Not investment advice
- Never miss out on a great home because you haven't sold your current one. Experience stress-free home-buying with Orchard
- Teach kids good money habits the fun and easy way with GoHenry’s debit card for kids and an app for parents. Get one free month with promo code WSB
- Updating your wardrobe with Mizzen+Main. Use promo code WSB to receive $35 off an order of $125 or more
- Find people with the right experience and invite them to apply to your job. Try ZipRecruiter for FREE today
- Read the 9 Key Steps to Effective Personal Financial Management
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors
HELP US OUT!
Help us reach new listeners by leaving us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts! It takes less than 30 seconds, and really helps our show grow, which allows us to bring on even better guests for you all! Thank you – we really appreciate it!