Manage episode 303542471 series 1394353
On today’s episode, we talk about how to expose a bad company. Trey Lockerbie chats with the brilliant Edwin Dorsey, writer of the popular newsletter The Bear Cave, who takes us on a ride, exploring the dark side of the stock market. Edwin first gained massive attention after he successfully exposed Care.com for an unimaginable amount of negligence that ultimately led to the collapse of the stock.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
- 08:20 The free tools you need to identify suspicious companies.
- 22:36 Edwin’s take on companies such as AgEagle and Root Insurance.
- And so much more!
*Disclaimer: Slight timestamp discrepancies may occur due to podcast platform differences.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES:
- Edwin Dorsey’s newsletter The Bear Cave.
- PACER website.
- EDGAR Full-Text Search website.
- PCAOB website.
- Trey Lockerbie Twitter.
- Preston, Trey & Stig’s tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance Tool.
- Read the 9 Key Steps to Effective Personal Financial Management.
- Updating your wardrobe with Mizzen+Main. Use promo code WSB to receive $35 off any order of $125 or more.
- Have high-quality, sustainably sourced Wild-Caught Seafood delivered right to your door with Wild Alaskan Company. Order today and get $15 off your 1st box of premium seafood.
- Find people with the right experience and invite them to apply to your job. Try ZipRecruiter for FREE today.
- Get help writing your emails, reports, presentations, resumes, blogs today with WordTune.
- Communicate your ideas in the best way possible with Canva.
- Join OurCrowd and get to invest in medical technology, breakthroughs in ag-tech and food production, solutions in the multi-billion dollar robotic industry, and so much more.
- Start feeling better with a single message. Match with a licensed therapist with Talkspace and get $100 off your first month with the promo code WSB.
- Connect with other users - friends, other members, and notable investors with Public.com. Use code BILLIONAIRES and get up to $50 in free stock to get started in growing your portfolio. Valid for U.S. residents 18+. Subject to account approval. See Public.com/disclosures. Not investment advice.
- Push your team to do their best work with Monday.com Work OS. Start your free two-week trial today.
- Get into a topic quickly, find new topics, and figure out which books you want to spend more time listening to more deeply with Blinkist. Get 25% off and a 7-day free trial today.
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here.
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors.
HELP US OUT!
What do you love about our podcast? Here’s our guide on how you can leave a rating and review for the show. We always enjoy reading your comments and feedback!