Manage episode 306371503 series 1394353
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
- 09:23 - Key lessons in approaching acquisitions.
- 12:27 - What Brent has learned from breaking bread with the likes of Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger.
- 45:11 - Managing styles and the importance of autonomy.
- 47:33 - Learnings from the private market that translate to the public markets.
- And a whole lot more!
*Disclaimer: Slight timestamp discrepancies may occur due to podcast platform differences.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES:
- Permanent Equity's Website.
- Brent Beshore's Twitter.
- Howard Marks' Memos.
- Howard Marks’ book The Most Important Thing.
- Buffett’s Letters.
- Trey Lockerbie's Twitter.
- Communicate your ideas in the best way possible with Canva.
- Remove uncertainty from your portfolio and receive a steady flow of cash all year round with Farmfolio.
- You can get a complete home security system starting at just over $100. There are no long-term contracts or commitments. It’s a really easy way to start feeling a bit more peace of mind. Get 50% off your next order at SimpliSafe.com/TIP
- Join OurCrowd and get to invest in medical technology, breakthroughs in ag-tech and food production, solutions in the multi-billion dollar robotic industry, and so much more.
- Get access to some of the most sought-after real estate in the U.S. with Crowdstreet.
- Transform how you drive business results and connect with customers with Snap AR.
- Trade confidently with BMO adviceDirect. Start trading today with personalized advice with a minimum of just $10,000.
- Track performance, create custom watch lists, and trade from anywhere with confidence with a BMO InvestorLine Self-Directed account.
- to more deeply with Blinkist. Get 25% off and a 7-day free trial today.
- Learn about the next big thing – months before everyone else with Trends. Start your 7-day trial today for just $1.
- Hear about surprising bank vulnerabilities, learn about crypto thieves, and investigate the old dangers in our new media environment with What the Hack with Adam Levin.
- Get $50 off your Drinkworks Home Bar by Keurig this holiday season. Now through December 5, save $50 on the Home Bar at Drinkworks.com
- Earn 1-100% back (or a shot at a whole bitcoin) on every purchase with the Fold Spin+ card. Get 20% off the Spin+ annual fee for being a listener of The Investor’s Podcast.
- Provide future financial protection to the people who matter most to you with the help of TD Term Life Insurance.
- Be part of the solution by investing in companies that are actively engaged in integrating ESG practices with Desjardins.
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here.
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors.
HELP US OUT!
What do you love about our podcast? Here’s our guide on how you can leave a rating and review for the show. We always enjoy reading your comments and feedback!