Manage episode 289431024 series 1324707
Jordan Peterson went massive world wide with his first book 12 Rules For Life. His new book, Beyond Order provides ’12 more Rules For Life’.
Order is explored territory. We are in order when the actions we deem appropriate produce the results we aim at. We regard such outcomes positively. Chaos is anomaly, novelty, unpredictability, transformation, disruption and all too often descent. Neither the state of order nor the state of chaos if preferable. Like the yin yang, we need to find the balance between the two.
12 Rules For Life was the antidote to chaos and increasing order. Beyond Order, is about moving into chaos.
We both loved this book so much we are spreading it across 2 episodes.
In this second episode we look at the interpersonal rules:
• Rule 3: Do not hide unwanted things in the fog
• Rule 10: Plan and work diligently to maintain the romance in your relationship
• Rule 1: Do not carelessly denigrate social institutions or creative achievement
Listen back to Part 1 where, we covered the personal rules:
• Rule 4: Notice that opportunity lurks where responsibility has been abdicated
• Rule 7: Work as hard as you possibly can on at least one this and see what happens
• Rule 2: Imagine who you could be, and then aim single-mindedly at it
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.