Manage episode 277373329 series 122169
- Apple Silicon Macs arrive: What does this mean for Windows PCs?
- And Apple told us almost nothing beyond that it is starting with low-end Macs only.
- Microsoft: Hey, we're working on even more with Qualcomm!
- Go, Team(s)
- Oh, about that multiple account support on Microsoft Teams ... It's not happening this year
- Instead, we're getting the ability to switch between a personal MSA and a work account. Sigh
- Speaking of Teams... Did you know Apple Airpods aren't compatible with it?
- Is 10X really Edging closer?
- New Dev Channel build today with nothing much beyond fixes, known issues
- MS pushing those still on 1903 to 1909 (ahead of end of support)
- Windows Holographic 20H2 has a bunch of mostly minor updates
- Microsoft has a workaround for the Win 10 2004 apps forgetting passwords issue
- NET 5.0
- Microsoft takes its first step towards unifying .NET with .NET 5.0 ... But there's more work to be done
- Xbox Series X and Series S launch a subdued affair because...
- No new/next-gen/exclusive games
- No hardware availability
- Reviews: Xbox Series X is a quiet beast, but the Xbox Series S is perfect for the living room. Or it would be but for two issues.
- Related: Actually, Series S can do 4K/60 fps ... sometimes
- Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members can now access Disney+ for 30 days for free
- Tons of new games are on the way
- EA Play is here for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, PC next month
- PUBG is moving to Microsoft Azure
- BREAKING: HALO TV SERIES IS ON, and Jen Taylor will reprise her role as Cortana!
- Tips and picks
- Tip of the week: Get started with Xbox Series X|S
- Tip of the week #2: Stop using SMS for MFA. The best way to secure your online accounts is with an authenticator app, not SMS.
- Related: MS Black Friday deals (not sure if anything's worth calling out)
- Enterprise pick of the week: Microsoft appoints a new Biz Dev chief. Here's why you should care that former McAfee CEO is now the new Peggy Johnson.
- Codename pick of the week: CBL-Mariner. It's not exactly a "codename," but CBL-Mariner is a new Microsoft-made Linux distribution that's meant for internal use. It's for Azure first-party services and edge appliances.
- Beer pick of the week: Goose Island Bourbon County Kentucky Fog Stout. It's time for the seasonal releases of the Goose Island Bourbon County Stouts. This year, there's an interesting addition to the line-up: Kentucky Fog Stout.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/windows-weekly
Check out Paul's blog at thurrott.com
Check out Mary Jo's blog at AllAboutMicrosoft.com
The Windows Weekly theme music is courtesy of Carl Franklin.