Manage episode 273700733 series 2481786
Welcome to part 1 of 4 about learning how to read Chinese. In this episode, John and Jared start at the beginning and talk about how to learn pinyin, characters, and vocabulary.
Guest interview is with Scott Young, author of bestselling novel “Ultralearning”. Scott spent a year without English and managed to be conversational in four new languages, including HSK Level 4 Chinese!
Thanks for listening to our podcast! Please write us a review on Apple Podcasts and we’ll give you a shout out on the podcast! We are also taking questions from our listeners. If you have a question, reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Facebook and catch our latest Chinese learning memes on Instagram
Links referenced in this Episode
- Chinese Pronunciation Wiki
- SinoSplice - Learn the Structural Patterns of Chinese Characters
- Hacking Chinese - 7 ways of learning to write Chinese characters
- Outlier Linguistics - Getting Radical About Radicals
- Ode to Heisig and RTK
- YoYo Chinese Lesson 1 – Intro to Chinese
- Language Log – Chineasy? Not.
- Scott Young - Ultralearning
- T-Shirts for Chinese Learners
- Mandarin Companion Memes - Instagram