Manage episode 286039545 series 1942938
For so many people, just hearing the word “timeshare” brings chills, angst, and anger to the surface. There are 10 million timeshare owners out there, and as many as 80 percent of them aren’t just unhappy with what they purchased - they don’t know how to get out of it.
If you’re one of the many unsatisfied timeshare owners looking for an exit (or know someone with a timeshare horror story), today’s episode is for you. I’m talking to Allie Olson, the CEO of Give Up My Timeshare, where she is revolutionizing the timeshare industry and helping people put their nightmares to an end.
In this conversation, Allie breaks down how to get out of a timeshare, the common scams out there preying on people trying to get out of their timeshares, the mistakes people make along the way, and what you can do to stop this liability from passing on to your children.
In this podcast interview, you’ll learn:
- How the timeshare industry (and the sales practices around it) changed for the worse over the last 15 years.
- Why so many timeshare owners are so unhappy - and how services like Airbnb and Vrbo rendered timeshares obsolete.
- Allie’s step-by-step timeshare exit process - and what makes her different from shady companies that ask for cash upfront and often don’t get results.
- The major mistakes and risks people make when investing in, using, and trying to get out of timeshares.
- How failing to make timeshare payments can leave estates stuck in probate and create massive financial penalties.
- How to protect your kids from liability if you are having trouble getting out of your timeshare.
- First steps to take if you have a timeshare you’re looking to get rid of - and how to avoid doing business with scammers and con artists in what can be a very shady industry.
- Who timeshares can offer value to in 2021.