Manage episode 279855393 series 1942938
Do you want to give more, but feel like you need hundreds of millions of dollars to be a great philanthropist? Are you wondering how to be a more effective giver in your community and the world at large? Are you wondering how to teach the younger generation the value of giving?
If so, today’s episode of the podcast is for you. On this Giving Tuesday, we’re doing a show all about philanthropy. Our guest, Kris Putnam-Walkerly, has spent over 20 years advising families, individuals, and Fortune 500 companies on how to create game plans and roadmaps to help them be more effective givers.
In our great conversation, Kris and I talk about what you can do to change your mindset around giving, how we can all help each other get through tough times like the COVID-19 pandemic, and how to stop thinking in terms of scarcity and embrace abundance - in both our giving and our lives.
In this podcast interview, you’ll learn:
- The difference between someone who simply donates money and someone who uses their philanthropy to create change in the world.
- What philanthropy is more than donating money - and how to give your resources meaningfully even if you aren’t a multi-millionaire.
- How to get out of the feeling of being overwhelmed by all the causes that need aid money in the world, find causes close to your heart, and take action.
- How scarcity mindsets and destructive frugality hold back even the wealthiest philanthropists and stop charitable organizations and nonprofits from doing the best work possible.
- What charitable organizations are going to need in 2021 - and how many nonprofits made tough pivots to survive this year.
- Tax-deductible investment vehicles you can use to give to multiple charities when you want to.
- How Mackenzie Scott is keeping her giving astounding lean while distributing massive sums of money to nonprofits and charitable organizations in need of help.